Domain name switch is challenging process. To maintain and preserve all the domain name’s trust and authority is must.
When you make a domain name move, trust doesn’t always come easily shifted to the new domain name and the new domain name may be slow to rank.
- Use a 301 Redirect to permanently redirect all pages on your old site to your new site.
- Don’t do a single redirect directing all traffic from your old site to your NEW HOME PAGE.
- Check both external and internal links to pages on your site.
- To prevent confusion, it’s best to retain control of your old site domain for as long as you can.
- Notify Baidu of your site’s move (http://zhanzhang.baidu.com/rewrite/index)