Baidu crawls your site through a bot called BaiduSpider, after the crawling they index your pages into their database just like Google, and serves the algorithmically best-suited result in their SERP.
Baidu Spider has certain types of limitations, which are:
- BaiduSpidercan only read text contents.
- Flash files, Pictures and non-text contents are ignored and unreadable by BaiduSpider.
- Baidu does not recognize text contained in images
Baidu is constantly improving their services, but they are still little behind companies like Google when it comes to the technology.
- Avoid Excessive Image or Flash Usage
Use regular text content instead of flash or image files when possible.
- Don’t use Ajax for Impotent Contents
Don’t use Ajax for top navigation menu or any other contents that you think is important.
- Don’t use Frame and iFrame
Do not use the Frame and iFrame structure to display the content, BaiduSpider will ignore it.